March 16, 2010

Overkill

Wow it's been a while. Sometimes I say a while as if it's been 4 hours, but it's been a week and a half so I think I can validate saying a while this time. I've been busy doing real life shit so I've been neglecting my little brain child slash creative outlet.

I'm currently organizing and streamlining my wardrobe, a mission in itself. I think I should do this more often because my room sort of looked like Kesha's face when I was done. I didn't realize I had so many ghastly and dated clothes until I started extracting all the shirts and blouses, you know the ones that sort of live on the sides of your wardrobe because you just don't use them at all? I found at least a dozen tops with the tags still on, brand new. OH AND HOLY CRAP I have like 13 different coloured Ralph Lauren polo shirts, brings me back to my collared shirt + pearls + flats phase during my first year in University. I lived out of my Juicy Couture bags and lived on Marlboro lights. So preppy I could puke.

I have so many clothes that I've taken up the closet in our guest bedroom as well. My wardrobe is pretty damn big, it's about 9 feet wide and 3 feet deep so my clothing situation WAS, I repeat WAS getting out of hand. My recent hardcore thrifting didn't help either.

ANYWAY. Moving right along, I completed these about 9 months ago and only got the bright idea of photographing them now. I've worn them in and I adore them, I always get compliments and people usually don't believe me when 1. I say I designed and hand painted them 2. I say all I used were paintbrushes, acrylic paint, textile medium and the occasional tooth pick.









This is the pair I'm currently working on for Manfriend. Aren't his feet HUGE? I think that I have a lot more direction and the individual sides are much more cohesive than my pair. I fly to LA in less than a month so I better get a move on. I'll post pictures of the shirt I did for him but never really got around to sending. I'm lazy ok? Leave me alone.




No comments:

Post a Comment