July 20, 2010

Suspended

I've had a couple of things sitting in my photobucket waiting to be uploaded, but I promised myself that I wouldn't post things for the sake of posting. I want to be inspired when I blog, I want to be able to express myself succinctly and honestly every time I write something on here. This blog, after all, is a reflection of myself and the goings on in my head.

It's hard to get into blogging when you haven't done it in so long. I've been somewhat housebound and when I'm not out and about, nothing inspires me. Fair enough I can easily go to different websites but to me, nothing online compares to the high of going to a thrift store, finding something unique and taking it home with you.

Once again these street style photos are from previous seasons, but who cares? I think they're still incredibly creative, well thought out and fresh.



I'm pretty sure I've posted the same picture of the two on the left before, but holy hell I'll do it again. They remind me of an episode of Daria, where a modeling agency sends 2 scouts to recruit students from Lawndale High. Together they're just so chic and effortless. I love the off the shoulder thing and the cigarettes. Dear Lord, just looking at them, I want one now.

The gentleman on the left is just adorable. I would definitely wear exactly what he's wearing. I love suspenders. I confess to owning a pair but I have never had the balls to wear them out. Fuck it, new mission: Wear suspenders.



I know that the girl on the left is a French fashion blogger but for the life of me I can't remember her name or her website. Bah. Doesn't matter, because here she is giving us an example of why she's a fashion blogger. I love the delicate little details that break up the outfit and make it pop. The feathered clutch is dainty and the most perfect beige-y-pale rose to go with her outfit. The white stockings give it that little bit extra, if they were plain it would have been too bland for me.

Here's another one of those; "I should know her name and everything about her but I don't" scenarios. I've seen sequins absolutely massacred. I've seen them in every way you shouldn't wear them. The amount of sequin carnage I have seen would scare you. This however, is different. It's ballsy to take a garment covered in sequins and not make it look like a costume that was rejected from "To Wong foo, thanks for everything. Julie Newmar". Everything else is simple, which is how it should be. I also love the fur coat, I don't know how politically correct liking fur is nowadays, but fuck it, I'm sticking by my opinion.



Oh Ms. Lanphear. How can you not love her? Platinum hair, spiked leather wrist bands and vintage Jim beam. No matter what she wears, she sticks to what she likes. She's gained such a following by being an unconventionally stylish fashion editor and it works. She's proof that if you love a certain style and you can rock the fuck out of it, by all means please do. There's nothing worse than being uncomfortable in your own clothing.

To the gentleman on the right: Sir I have no idea who you are but you are sexy. Don't lie, you'd date him in a heart beat too, just to run off with that leather jacket. The way he's standing, the different textures, the whole one pant leg over the boots thing, it's subdued but rough around the edges at the same time. I love effortless outfits. Some people just get it absolutely right. You don't need 12 layering pieces to have something unique and fresh, his outfit consists of 4 black elements and it works beautifully.

Images from Vanessa Jackman

No comments:

Post a Comment